Mark J. Gomsak
Mark Gomsak is a partner in the firm's Louisville office. Mark represents and advises employers in a wide array of labor and employment matters in Kentucky and around the country.
Mark uses a proactive and practical approach to assist clients in successfully resolving current issues and preventing future problems.
He has counseled employers concerning discipline and termination of employees, litigation prevention, enforcement of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, and compliance with various federal and state laws and regulations including Title VII, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and Occupational Safety and Health Act. Mark has also assisted clients in developing handbooks that include policies and procedures tailored to fit their needs.
Mark has extensive litigation experience, successfully defending clients in numerous lawsuits and administrative charges alleging discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, and FMLA violations.
In addition, a significant portion of Mark's practice includes defending clients in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) citation contests.
Mark was recently selected as a member of LEAD's class of 2016.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Graduate of Fund for the Arts' NeXt! leadership development program (2012)
- Member, Kentucky Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Member, Louisville Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Contributing Editor, The Kentucky Employment Law Letter, M. Lee Smith Publishing Co., 2007-2008
- Board Member, Commonwealth Theatre Center, 2017-present
- Member, Frazier History Museum, Advancement Committee (2011-present)
- Member, Legal Aid, Associates Campaign Committee (2011-present)
- Volunteer, Fund for the Arts Campaign (2011-present)
- Volunteer, Every 1 Reads (2008-2011)
- Labor and Employment attorneys represent 11 offices1.2.18
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Discover the Key Elements of a World-Class Safety ProgramNovember 28-30, 2017
- Louisville Annual Seminar9.21.17
- "Employment Law Basics for Safety Professionals," 2011 & 2012 Governor's Safety and Health Conference, Louisville, KY.
- "Temporary Employees and Contractors—Potential OSHA And Other Liabilities," 2012 Governor's Safety and Health Conference, Louisville, KY.
- "U.S. Supreme Court Update: Revisiting Employment Cases & What's On The Horizon," Louisville Bar Association Seminar, Louisville, KY.
- "A Regulatory Update Regarding the NLRB, DOL, EEOC, OSHA & ICE," Louisville Bar Association Seminar, Louisville, KY.
- "FLSA/Wage & Hour Update In Today's Economy, Sterling Educational Services, Fundamentals of Employment Law Seminar," Louisville, KY.
- Employment Privacy Blog11.22.17
- Employment Privacy Blog7.14.17
- Employment Privacy Blog4.5.16
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog10.8.14
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Data Security and Workplace Privacy
- Wage and Hour Law
- Reductions in Force
- Employment Policies and Procedures
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- OSHA Inspections and Litigation
- Workplace Safety and Catastrophe Management
- Automotive Manufacturing
- University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of LawJ.D. 2007
- University of South CarolinaM.A. 2002
- Furman UniversityB.A. 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky