Melanie Webber is a partner in the Cleveland office. She counsels employers on a wide array of human resource, employment law and labor issues.
Melanie has significant traditional labor law experience representing employers in union organizing campaigns, unfair labor practice charges and labor arbitrations. Melanie also represents employers before administrative agencies, including the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC).
Melanie advises employers regarding positive, pro-active, employment relations programs including employee opinion surveys, employment practice audits, and supervisory training. She also assists employers with preventive, internal human resource practice and wage-hour audits.
Melanie frequently lectures on a variety of employment law issues including the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), sexual harassment and maintaining union-free status.
Previously, Melanie worked in human resources management for seven years at two Northeast Ohio area manufacturing companies.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Cleveland Bar Association
- Member, Ohio Bar Association
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Towards Employment, Board Member
- Project: Learn, Past Board President
- Friends of Project: Learn, Member
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- “The Best Ways to Get Sued Over Leaves and Accommodation,”
- “Is Your Company Ready for Quickie Elections?”
- “Who’s in the Hot Seat, Why the EEOC is Going after Them, and What to Expect in 2015,”
- “The NLRB’s Continued Offensive Against Employers,”
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of LawJ.D. 1998
- Cleveland State UniversityB.B.A 1995, cum laude