Lawrence S. McGoldrick
Lawrence McGoldrick is Of Counsel in the firm's Atlanta office. Representing and advising management since 1983, Lawrence has practiced in virtually all areas of labor and employment law.
He has successfully litigated cases at the trial and appellate levels, and he now concentrates his practice in the areas of government investigations, legal compliance audits, and counseling employers on how to handle or prevent problems in the workplace.
Lawrence has special experience in the areas of wage and hour laws, employee compensation plans, laws regulating background investigations of applicants and employees, and laws addressing employer obligations toward ill, injured, or disabled employees.
He has conducted audits for national, regional, and local employers to improve their compliance with wage and hour laws, especially compliance with exempt/nonexempt employee classification requirements and other hotly litigated wage-hour issues.
Lawrence has also worked on behalf of clients and persuaded U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) officials in Washington to issue formal opinion letter rulings in favor of certain wage-hour practices of the clients, thus providing the clients a statutory defense against future litigation over those practices. Lawrence is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Georgia Association of Retarded Citizens, et al. v. McDaniel, 855 F.2d 805 (11th Cir. 1988), cert. denied, 490 U.S. 1090 (1989)
- Shannon v. Huntley's Jiffy Stores, Inc., 174 Ga. App. 125 (1985)
Honors & Leadership
- President, Kiwanis Club Of Buckhead-Breakfast (2006-2007)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Tips, Policies and Procedures"
AGC Georgia Safety & HR Conference
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog5.11.11
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog2.28.11
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog2.21.11
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog10.23.10
- Update: Court Might Have Rejected Donning/Doffing "Administrator Interpretation" Without Citing It. A Subtle Dig?Wage and Hour Laws Blog8.19.10
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog7.19.10
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog6.18.10
- University of Georgia School of LawJ.D. 1983
- University of VirginiaB.A. 1978, With Distinction
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals