Lauren Fuiman Cell
Lauren Fuiman Cell is an employment law associate in the Philadelphia office who focuses her practice on counseling and litigation of employment and trade secret matters. She assists employers with these matters throughout the United States and on a multi-national basis.
As a member of the firm’s International Employment Practice Group, Lauren advises and represents clients with global employment issues and works with corporate Human Resources and Legal teams to assist clients with multi-national operations. She has dedicated a substantial portion of her international practice to cross-border safety and security issues and has advised clients on creating and implementing effective global safety and security policies. Lauren recently was invited to author a white paper published by the International SOS Foundation, which was drafted in partnership with the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, which analyzes safety issues for U.S. employers that have a globally mobile workforce: “Legal Perspective on the Health, Safety & Security Responsibilities for a Mobile Workforce.” The white paper was published in February of 2017 and addressed the employer’s duty of care to its employees both domestically and abroad, including the employer’s duty to understand the threats its employees may face and how to respond to these threats from a preventative standpoint. She also regularly presents and speaks on related global employee safety issues.
Lauren also assists employers throughout the United States in crafting employment agreements and implementing employee handbooks and personnel policies and procedures for their domestic workforce. Lauren defends employers against employment-related claims in federal, state, and local venues. Lauren has defended employers in disputes arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), as well as state anti-discrimination and wage laws, and defamation statutes.
Lauren also litigates matters concerning employee recruitment and movement of employees between competitive firms, including covenants not to compete, employee raiding, and trade secrets. She has handled such matters in courts throughout the country, as well as specialized arbitration venues such as FINRA Dispute Resolution, Inc.
Lauren is a volunteer for the Court Appointment Special Advocate (CASA) Association, providing assistance to neglected children during the court process.
- Terrence Hackett v. Temple University – of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education
- Ellen Betz v. Temple Health Systems
- Daniel Sullivan v. Temple University
- Chad Johnson, Todd Bagley, and Andrew Chan, Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated v. AAI Corporation and AAI Services Corporation
- Perry Boggs, Kevin Tarrant, and Donald Lancaster, Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated v. AAI Corporation and AAI Services Corporation
- Eric Trembly and John C. Keenon, Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated v. AAI Corporation and AAI Services Corporation
- Robin Schotter, Michael Canada, Ian Mortensen, and Nicholas Taylor, Individually and on Behalf of All Other Similarly Situated v. AAI Corporation and AAI Services Corporation
- David Zibbon, Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated v. Compass Systems, Inc.
- Patrick Ryan Bray v. Bank of America, N.A.
- James D. Clinton Usher v. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated v. John P. Keating
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and Merrill Lynch International Finance, Inc. v. Kathleen Schwartz
- Steven Grodko v. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated v. John Ellis Straughn, Jr.
- John H. Lewis, Jr. v. David L. Moyer, Michael F. Ruggio, Donald Timothy Tammany, Wendy Ewing, David Rawson, William Wheatley and Roetzel & Andress, LPA
- Core Communications, Inc. v. Zayo Group LLC
- Thomas Van Horn v. The Glen Mills Schools, Inc.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, (2017)
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Association of Philadelphia - Advocate for neglected children during the court process. Ensure educational stability for youth in foster care.
- International SOS Foundation and Fisher Phillips, Publish White Paper on Legal Duty of Care Framework in the US2.23.17
- Pay Equity Matters: Mind the Gap6.8.18
- Bailets v. Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission – Pennsylvania Supreme Court Strengthens Pennsylvania’s Whistleblower Law for Whistleblower PlaintiffsKeystone Employment Law Blog4.16.18
- Cross Border Employer Blog3.16.18
- Keystone Employment Law Blog3.16.18
- Cross Border Employer Blog11.10.17
- Keystone Employment Law Blog10.23.17
- Keystone Employment Law Blog8.30.17
- The Battle Over Paid Sick Leave – Pittsburgh’s Paid Sick Leave Law Suffers Another Blow – Is Philadelphia Next?Keystone Employment Law Blog5.31.17
- What is a Reasonable Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act? The City of Philadelphia’s Costly Reminder to Consider Job Transfers as a Reasonable Accommodation.Keystone Employment Law Blog2.20.17
- “To Arbitrate, or Not to Arbitrate: That is the Question” – A Potential Uber Class/Collective Action Will Proceed in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.Keystone Employment Law Blog8.2.16
- Government Relations Blog3.28.16
- Keystone Employment Law Blog3.22.16
- Keystone Employment Law Blog1.13.16
- Drexel University, Thomas R. Kline School of LawJ.D. 2009, summa cum laude
- Saint Joseph's UniversityB.A. 2006, summa cum laude
- New Jersey
- Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas