Katherine P. Sandberg
Katherine Sandberg is an associate in the firm's Sacramento office. Her practice focuses on the representation of clients in federal and state court in a diverse range of employment matters and encompasses all stages of litigation. Additionally, she counsels and advises employers on a variety of topics, including wrongful termination, wage and hour, and the California Fair Employment Housing Act (FEHA). Her proactive approach provides clients with aggressive, business-oriented representation that places an emphasis on value, efficiency, and creativity.
Katherine graduated with distinction from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law and was inducted into the Roger J. Traynor Honor Society. While in law school, she served as the Chief Managing Editor of the McGeorge Law Review. She is a prolific writer and has published four journal articles in a number of different law reviews. Her article in the San Joaquin Agricultural Law Review, which discusses Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance for outdoor workers, won the 2014 Stauffer Charitable Trust Award for Outstanding Student Scholarship and Excellence in Writing.
Outside of the office, Katherine maintains an active presence in the community as a volunteer for Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary and as a member of the Board of Directors for the Associates Council for the North State Building Industry Foundation.
Honors & Leadership
- Board of Directors and Associates Council, North State Building Association
- Volunteer and Newsletter Contributor, Happy Tails Pet Sanctuary
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- AB 1513 and SB 588 Seminar, CalPASC and North State BIA, February 4,2016 at the Red Lion Hotel
- The Do's and Don’ts of California Wage and Hour Law, North State BIA, July 20, 2016 at the Double Tree Hotel
- 2017 Employment Law Update, North State BIA, January 9, 2017 at the CA Restaurant Association
- Under Construction: The California Appellate Court's Misguided Decision in Liberty Mutual v. Brookfield Crystal Cove, LLC, 36 Whittier L. Rev. 485 (2015)
- Comment, An Equitable Proposal for Injunctive Relief to End Casualties in Cultivation, 23 San Joaquin Agric. L. Rev. 189 (2014)
- Note, Advocates for the Disabled, or Extortionist Vampires? Chapter 383 Attempts to Prevent Plaintiffs' Attorneys from Bleeding Small Businesses Dry, 44 McGeorge L. Rev. 559 (2013)
- Note, Friend Request Denied: Chapter 619 Prevents Colleges from Requesting Access to Social Media Accounts, 44 McGeorge L. Rev. 620 (2013)
- New Law Extends Provisions To Race And Ethnicity9.30.16
- New State Law Will Mandate “Phase-In” Overtime Requirements9.13.16
- Court Denies Safe Harbor Postponement Request IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!7.28.16
- Procrastinators Rejoice! Employers Handed Extra Time To File Safe Harbor Election Imposed By New Piece Rate Law7.7.16
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of LawJ.D. 2014
- California State University, SacramentoB.S. 2010