Katarzyna (Kasia) W. Nowak
Kasia Nowak is an associate in the San Francisco office. Her practice involves employment-related litigation, including defending employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, and other torts.
She has represented public companies, private companies and individuals in a wide variety of employment matters, in both state and federal courts, and before various state and federal agencies. She has appellate experience, including handling cases before the California Court of Appeal, the California Supreme Court, and the 4th Circuit.
Kasia also advises employers on all aspects of the employment process, including hiring, developing employment policies and handbooks, and handling employee discipline and termination matters. In addition, she routinely provides sexual harassment and management training, as well as employee training.
Kasia has been selected for inclusion in Northern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars since 2013 and was listed as a Top Woman Attorney in Northern California in 2015.
- Ealy v. Securitas Security Services (applicability of state law claims on a federal enclave) Holland v. Securitas Security Services (defining split shift; applicability of split shifts
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyers – Rising Stars - since 2013
- UC Berkeley; Boalt Hall Alumni Associations
- Partners Jason Geller and Tim Murphy Named Northern California Super Lawyers; Attorneys Brent Garrett and Kasia Nowak Named Rising Stars7.7.15
- Fisher Phillips' John Beers and Tim Murphy Named to Northern California Super Lawyers; Kasia Nowak Named to Rising Stars7.3.14
- Fisher Phillips' John Beers, John McLachlan and Tim Murphy Named to Northern California Super Lawyers; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars7.8.13
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- November Legally Required Sexual Harassment Prevention Training It's Never Too Late To Comply - San Francisco11.12.15
- Legally Required Sexual Harassment Prevention Training: It's Never Too Late To Comply - San Francisco7.24.15
- Fisher Phillips Breakfast Briefing In San Francisco -Dos and Don'ts of Employee Exemptions and Pay on Termination10.7.14
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of LawJ.D. 2007
- University of California, BerkeleyB.A. 2000, with highest honors
- London School of Economics University of LondonMSc 2004