Kelsey Cully is an associate in the firm’s San Diego office. Kelsey represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment litigation, including complex wage and hour class actions and single plaintiff disputes, misclassification, employment discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, and retaliation. Kelsey also counsels clients on wage and hour issues as well as leave issues under federal and California law.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Kelsey was an associate at a national full-service law firm as well as a small employment law firm. During this time, she gained substantial experience in civil trials as well as employment and labor arbitration.
While working as a former plaintiffs’ lawyer, Kelsey served as second-chair in a civil trial involving complicated wage and hour and misclassification issues, where she obtained a successful verdict for her clients. Having represented parties on both the plaintiffs’ and defense side in her career, she brings a unique perspective to the table when representing her clients.
During law school, Kelsey served as a Lead Articles Editor for the San Diego Law Review, where she is also a published author. She also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Alex C. McDonald of the California Court of Appeal.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Top Ten Wage and Hour Mistakes Your Staging Business May Be Making and How to Protect Yourself, Real Estate Staging Association – RESA Convention 2020
- AB 5: Redesigning Independent Contractor Classification, Real Estate Staging Association – Los Angeles
- An Eye for an Eye Will Probably Get you Sued: How Employers Can Avoid Workplace Retaliation Claims - Clear Law Institute Webinar
- AB 5: Redesigning Independent Contractor Classification, Real Estate Staging Association – Webinar
- AB 5: Redesigning Independent Contractor Classification, Real Estate Staging Association – San Diego
- 2017 FMLA / CFRA Master Class – Managing Serious Health Conditions and Medical Certifications, BLR Seminar
- University of San Diego School of LawJ.D. 2015
- California State University San MarcosB.S. 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California