Kevin Burns is an associate in the Denver office and is a member of the firm’s Employee Defection and Trade Secrets practice group.
His practice focuses on litigating and advising employers on a nationwide basis on legal issues arising from employee movement to competitor firms. These cases involve claims concerning covenants not to compete, non-solicitation and non-disclosure clauses, employee raiding, the Economic Espionage Act (EEA), and state trade secrets and unfair competition statutes.
He has also successfully defended employers in matters involving claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation based on race, gender, age, disability, and national origin, as well as claims arising under state and federal wage and hour laws.
Kevin has represented clients in a variety of industries, including Fortune 100 organizations, securities brokerage firms, national retailers, health systems, and national staffing agencies.
Kevin was recently selected for inclusion in Colorado Super Lawyers – Rising Stars. He also serves on the Executive Council of the Colorado Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division.
Honors & Leadership
Member, Colorado Bar Association, Executive Council, Young Lawyers Division
Member, Colorado Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section Liaison
Member, Denver Bar Association
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog1.11.17
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog1.9.17
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog12.19.16
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog12.12.16
- University of Iowa College of LawJ.D. 2009, with honors
- University of IllinoisB.A. 2005, summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois