Kathleen Kline is an associate in the firm's Seattle office who focuses her practice on employment counseling and litigation. Kathleen advises both public and private employers on all types of state and federal employment related matters including unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, wage-and-hour violations, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and pay equity issues.
Kathleen has experience representing employers in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Washington State Human Rights Commission, and various local agencies. Thanks to her experience clerking at an appellate court, Kathleen is also able to offer clients valuable insight into the appellate process. She also has experience investigating complaints of discrimination and harassment as well as other potential liability issues. Kathleen is a frequent writer and speaker, providing guidance on a variety of employment law and HR-related topics.
While in law school, Kathleen served as the Chief Managing Editor of the Washington Law Review and successfully worked to exonerate a wrongfully convicted prisoner as a member of the Innocence Project Clinic. After starting her career working in the non-profit sector, Kathleen continues to maintain those ties to her community by volunteering with her local bar organization and with the United Way of King County’s Free Tax Campaign. Kathleen also currently serves as a Trustee on the Executive Board of the Civil Rights Section of the Washington State Bar Association.
Honors & Leadership
- Executive Board Member, Civil Rights Law Section of the Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Volunteer, King County Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services and Legal Clinics
- Volunteer Tax Preparer, United Way of King County
- Michael & Alexander joins national labor and employment specialty firm2.12.18
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Paychex Client Seminar, “Preventing Harassment in the Workplace and Conducting Effective Internal Investigations,” (2018)
- Gig Employer Blog5.14.18
- University of Washington School of LawJ.D. 2013, with high honors
- Seattle UniversityB.A. 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington