Kevonna Ahmad represents and counsels employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, retaliation, and wage-hour class action lawsuits. Kevonna also advises clients on a variety of workplace issues such as employment handbooks, personnel policies, and best practices.
Kevonna takes a solution-based problem-solving approach to help clients achieve their business goals. She is passionate about assisting clients in preventing potential claims and resolving existing issues before they escalate.
During law school, she was a member of the Mediation Clinic where she mediated over 50 small claims and civil harassment cases in the Los Angeles County Superior Courts. Kevonna has also successfully mediated grievances between the EEOC and employees of the United States Postal Service.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Kevonna clerked for a boutique employment defense firm in San Diego, where she created management trainings and lectures on various workplace issues. She has also been an in-house extern at an international investment bank and securities brokerage firm in Los Angeles, where she worked on labor and employment issues within the financial institution.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Lawyer’s Club San Diego
- Member, Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- 2019 FMLA / CFRA Master Class – Meeting Deadlines, Notification, Curbing Abuse, and Preventing Claims, BLR Seminar
- 2018 FMLA / CFRA Master Class – Meeting Deadlines, Notification, Curbing Abuse, and Preventing
Claims, BLR Seminar
- Out of the Office – But For the Right Reasons: How to Manage Employee Leaves to Curbs Abuse, Clear Water Institute Webinar
- Medical and Recreational Marijuana in the Workplace: What Canna-Business Do?, Clear Water Institute Webinar
- Gig Employer Blog11.15.18
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, Los AngelesJ.D., 2018
- San Diego State UniversityB.A.,cum laude, 2015