Jaklyn Wrigley is an associate in the firm's Gulfport office. She represents employers throughout Mississippi and the Panhandle of Florida in state and federal courts, as well as claims pending with state and federal agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Jaklyn’s practice includes litigating employment related disputes involving wrongful discharge, Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, malicious prosecution, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), immigration and visa issues (with a focus on H-2B visas), I-9 compliance, and non-compete and other restrictive covenant agreements. Her experience covers a variety of industries, including, though not limited to, healthcare, restaurant and hospitality, gaming, manufacturing, agricultural and retail.
Jaklyn counsels employers regarding a variety of employment matters, including employee handbooks, wage and hour compliance, I-9 compliance, policy and procedure development, all types of employment contracts, employee separation, and management training.
She was selected for inclusion in Mississippi Super Lawyers - Rising Stars in 2013 and Mid-South Super Lawyers' - Rising Stars in 2014.
Jaklyn currently serves as the President for the Harrison County Young Lawyers Association, and is the Coastal 1 District Director for the Board of the Young Lawyers Division of the Mississippi Bar.
While in law school, Jaklyn was elected as both President and Secretary of her class and was a member of The Mississippi Law Journal, for which she served as an Associate Notes and Comments Editor. Jaklyn also interned for the Honorable Magistrate Judge S. Allan Alexander.
Honors & Leadership
- Harrison County Young Lawyers, President , (2014-2015)
- Harrison County Young Lawyers, Vice President, (2013-2014)
- Harrison County Young Lawyers, Secretary, (2012-2013)
- The Mississippi Bar
- Coastal 1 District Director for the Young Lawyers Division Board
- Young Lawyers Division of Mississippi Bar (Admission Ceremony Committee, 2011-2013; Coast Regional Mock Trial Chair, 2012-2015)
- Gulf Coast Risk Managers
- Society for Human Resource Management
- President of Board of Trustees for the Walter Anderson Museum of Art (Collections Committee; Special Events Committee; Facilities Committee)
- Member of the Ocean Springs Economic Development Council
- Leadership Gulf Coast; Class of 2014
- Volunteer with Lawyer in Every Classroom
- Volunteer with Friends of Jackson County Animal Shelter Pets
- Member of Les Masquees
- Named Among Best Young Lawyers in Mississippi for Fourth Consecutive Year11.8.16
- Jaklyn Wrigley Named Among Best Young Lawyers in Mississippi11.5.14
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- One Day, Many Solutions New Orleans5.13.16
- Cross Border Employer Blog1.10.17
- Cross Border Employer Blog6.6.16
- Cross Border Employer Blog3.7.16
- Cross Border Employer Blog4.14.15
- Eleventh Hour Ruling Impacts Healthcare Industry On Eve Of Implementation1.3.17
- What Mississippi Employers Need To Know About New Religious Freedom Law4.7.16
- The Dawn Of A New Wild, Wild West In Mississippi? State Supreme Court Rules On Employees Workplace Firearm Rights3.30.16
- University of Mississippi School of LawJ.D. 2011, summa cum laude
- University of MississippiB.A. 2008, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- Florida Supreme Court
- Florida District Courts of Appeal
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- Mississippi Court of Appeals