Jeffrey D. Winchester
Jeffrey Winchester is Of Counsel in the Seattle office. With more than 20 years of experience, he has represented employers in all aspects of labor and employment law including the impact of complex corporate reorganizations and transactions on employment and labor law issues; wage-and-hour compliance and class/collective action litigation; FMLA and ADA compliance and litigation; immigration compliance; international employment law issues; workplace safety, traditional labor issues and arbitrations; and non-compete and employment agreements.
Jeffrey also guides clients in developing HR policies and procedures; oversees immigration and employee benefits issues, and the drafting of executive and other employment agreements.
Following law school, he worked as a law clerk for the Honorable David M. Ebel of the Tenth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Prior to becoming an attorney, Jeffrey was a university professor in Tokyo, and he is proficient in Japanese.
Honors & Leadership
- Labor and Employment Section, Nevada State Bar Association
- Nevada Aki Matsuri Japanese Festival Planning Committee Chair
- Board member, Japanese Festival Association of Nevada
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "The Employment Law Symposium: A Stellar Panel of Experts"
Las Vegas, NV, February 24, 2015
- "Transgendered Employees in the Nevada Workplace"- SNHRA monthly meeting
Las Vegas, NV, July 8, 2014
- "Hot Topics in Employment Law"- RR Donnelley SEC Hot Topics Institute
Las Vegas, NV June 5, 2014
- "Employer Wellness Programs" (panel presentation) - American Bar Association National Conference on Equal Employment Opportunity Law
Rancho Mirage, California, March 28, 2014
- "Privilege, Professional Responsibility, Conflicts, and Governmental Investigations in the Workplace" - Association of Corporate Counsel Luncheon
Las Vegas, Nevada, October 30, 2012
- "Nevada OSHA Update: There’s A New Sheriff in Town"
October 13, 2011
- "Top Ten Things You Need to Know about the FMLA and ADA, Beyond the Basics in Employment Law: Advanced FMLA and ADA Issues"
October 2010, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "OSHA’s New Presence in the West, Nevada OSHA Developments"
September 2010, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "News from Nevada: Employment Law in the Silver State"- Workplace Strategies Seminar
May 2010, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "Lessons from Late Night: What To Do When the Boss Takes a Literal "Hands-On" Approach to Work, Webinar
September 2009, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "Non-Competition and Confidentiality Agreements in Nevada" Webinar,
April 2009 Las Vegas, Nevada
- "Updates on the FMLA and ADA, 2009 Will Bring Substantial Change to Workplace Regulations
March 2009, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "The New ADA and FMLA, Employment Laws Made Simple
February 2009, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "Drafting Effective Non-Compete Agreements, Nevada CLE Program
December 2008, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "Good Hiring and Discipline Practices: How to Avoid Hiring or Retaining the Problem Employee, Public Radio Broadcasters Association Annual Meeting
June 2008, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "Avoiding Claims of Retaliation Based on OSHA Complaints" - National Electrical Contractors Association Monthly Meeting
February 2008 Las Vegas, Nevada
- "Double Secret Employment Laws of Nevada"- Nevada Bar CLE Program
December 2007, Las Vegas, Nevada
- "Managing the Malingerers: Effectively Navigating Employee Absences within the ADA, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation Law" - Employment Law Seminar
February 2006, Columbus, Ohio
- "The Cutting Edge: Labor and Employment Developments Affecting Your Business Today"- Employment Law Seminar
July 2005, Columbus, Ohio
- Wage and Hour Laws Blog7.23.18
- Cross Border Employer Blog7.6.18
- Cornell Law SchoolJ.D. 1997, cum laude
- University of ArizonaB.A. 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio