John Singer is an associate at the firm’s Chicago office. His practice is focused on the representation of management in a wide range of labor and employment law matters. John has litigated employment-based claims to trial in federal and state courts, and additionally represents clients in matters before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state administrative agencies.
His breadth of experience extends to claims arising under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), wage and hour claims brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and a plethora of state anti-discrimination laws including the Illinois Human Rights Act. John is also well-versed in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) strategies, and has resolved numerous disputes through private mediation, settlement conferences, and arbitration.
Futhermore, John is experienced in providing a broad range of employment-based immigration services, including PERM Labor Certifications, National Interest Waivers, H-1B Visa Petitions, J-1 Visa Waivers, compliance counseling, and audit responses.
Prior to completing law school, John worked with in-house counsel at a Fortune 100 corporation and as an intern with the Ninth District Court of Appeals of Ohio.
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog9.8.17
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog8.18.17
- De Paul University College of LawJ.D. 2014
- Miami UniversityB.A. 2011
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois