Joseph Nelson is an associate in the Cleveland office. He represents a broad range of employers, from small businesses to national companies. His practice focuses on defending and counseling employers in all areas of labor and employment law.
Joseph takes a solution-based problem-solving approach to help clients achieve their business goals. He is passionate about assisting clients in preventing potential claims and resolving existing issues before they escalate.
During law school, Joseph served as Editor-In-Chief of the Global Business Law Review and Regional Moot Court Director of the National Black Law Students Association. In addition, Joseph gained practical experience by externing for the Honorable Solomon Oliver at the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, along with externing at the United States Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Ohio. Joseph also served as a research assistant for Professor Heidi Gorovitz Robertson.
In his free time, Joseph enjoys going to concerts, attending sporting events, traveling, and spending time with friends and family.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Global Business Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- Academic Excellence Program, Fellow
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Deans List
- Student Bar Association, Senator At Large
- Thurgood Marshall Moot Court Competition, Oralist
- Publication: Targeted Job Advertisements on Social Media: An Age-Old Practice in a New Suit, 8 Global Bus. L. Rev. 1 (2019)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Norman S. Minor Bar Association, Member
- Gig Employer Blog12.30.20
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of LawJ.D. 2020, cum laude
- Cleveland State UniversityM.B.A. 2020
- University of Mount UnionB.A. 2015