John D. McLachlan
John McLachlan is Senior Counsel in the firm's San Francisco office. Prior to beginning his law practice when he joined the firm in 1981, John spent ten years as a human resources practitioner with Kaiser Aluminum and with Aerojet Liquid Rocket companies.
This experience made him intensely aware of the needs of human resource personnel and managers for accurate, practical and understandable answers to their legal problems.
John has represented clients in both state and federal courts and has successfully tried discrimination claims and contractual disputes to juries as well as to judges.
He has advised management in all phases of collective bargaining and management-union relations and has advised employers in strike planning and union avoidance, and he frequently represents management in cases arising before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
John is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, and he has been recognized in Northern California Super Lawyers since 2008.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in Northern California Super Lawyers each year since 2008
John is a member of the Labor and Employment Law Sections of the American Bar Association (ABA) and the State Bar of California. John also served in the Navy on the Underwater Demolition Team 12 from 1966-1970.
- Fisher Phillips' John Beers, John McLachlan and Tim Murphy Named to Northern California Super Lawyers; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars7.8.13
- Fisher Phillips' John Beers, John McLachlan and Tim Murphy Named to Northern California Super Lawyers; Two Attorneys Named to Rising Stars7.6.12
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog5.16.11
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of LawJ.D. 1981
- University of WashingtonM.A. 1966
- Gonzaga UniversityB.A. 1965