John A. Heller
John Heller is Of Counsel in the firm's San Antonio office. For almost 40 years, John has represented clients accused of violation of employment civil rights.
This representation includes federal and state courts, and administrative proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), United States Department of Labor (USDOL), and Texas Workforce Commission.
He defends employers in traditional discrimination litigation, discrimination statutes and associated state torts. John also advises clients on employment actions, investigations, and compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
As part of his practice, John provides training to managers, supervisors and employees concerning good employment practices. He strongly believes representing clients effectively is a matter of trust. John serves his clients by providing employment advice which is trustworthy, competent, experienced, and ethical.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, State Bar of Texas - Labor & Employment Section
- Member, San Antonio Bar Association - Labor & Employment Section
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- Member, San Antonio Human Resource Management
- Ethics Follies: Benefiting the San Antonio Community Justice Program
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- San Antonio Full Day Seminar10.14.16
- Annual presentations on employment law topics before the San Antonio Human Resource Association’s Employment Law update.
- St. Mary's University School of LawJ.D. 1975
- St. Mary's UniversityB.A. 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas