Jennifer Barrett DiMarzo
Jennifer Barrett DiMarzo joined Fisher Phillips as an Associate in the Boston office in February of 2020. Her practice focuses on traditional employment matters and she has extensive experience representing clients before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). As the Assistant General Counsel for one of the nation’s largest public transit organizations, Jennifer defended various employment-related litigation matters, including administrative proceedings, allegations of discrimination and harassment, conducting mediations, and finding alternative dispute resolutions. In addition, she has a great depth of knowledge in the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. Jennifer serves as a trusted advisor to her clients by staying current on regulations, providing advice to Human Resource professionals, conducting workplace investigations, and advising multi-departmental teams on legal compliance with state and federal employment laws. Her record of success includes obtaining Lack of Probable Cause findings in over 95% of her cases before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
Jennifer is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association, and in her personal time she enjoys traveling, cooking, cycling, and running. She is an active member of the Leukemia Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training and was a member of their Walt Disney World Marathon Team in 2018 and 2020.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest public transit organizations in employment-related litigation, investigations, negotiations, mediations, and administrative proceedings. Additionally, in this role, I served as a direct advisor to HR and senior staff on a variety of matters including FMLA, ADA, USERRA, workplace conduct, and employment policies
Honors & Leadership
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Community involvement – Leukemia Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training
- Suffolk University Law SchoolJ.D., 2015, cum laude
- Lynn UniversityB.S , 2012, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts