Jessie Fox Bustamante
Jessie Fox Bustamante is an associate in the Kansas City office. Her practice focuses on defending employers in a wide range of labor and employment disputes, including wage and hour, discrimination, wrongful termination and statuary compliance. With diverse experience handling labor and employment matters both on the plaintiff and defense side, she affords a deep understanding of employment law issues and is well-versed in training on human resources and compliance programs.
As a litigator, Jessie has extensive experience in discovery and motion practice in various jurisdictions and regularly defends employers in Federal and State Court. She has represented employers before the United State Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Missouri Commission on Human Rights, the Missouri Department of Labor, and various other agencies.
Following law school, Jessie was the law clerk to the Honorable Jack R. Grate, Jr., of the 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri. As a clerk, she managed the Division’s civil docket, which included review and analysis of all motions filed with the Court. While in law school, Jessie was a 1L Moot Court Top Ten Oralist and a top 12 Moot Court semi-Finalist, and was actively involved with the Women’s Law Association and Law School Ambassadors.
Honors & Leadership
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, 2010-Present
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City, 2010-Present
- AWLF Connections Mentorship Program, 2015-Present
- Nelson-Atkins Young Friends of Art
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Holiday Homes Tour, Board Member
- Hope House Young Professionals
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Law Clerks’ CLE: Jury Conduct, Jury Communication and Jury Supervision, June 19, 2014
- University of Missouri Columbia School of LawJ.D. 2010
- University of MissouriB.A. 2007, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri