Jason Brown is an associate in San Francisco who focuses on litigation prevention and litigation defense, as well as generally advising management and human resources professional on the myriad issues that arise in the California workplace.
Jason’s practice includes drafting handbooks, overseeing severance agreements and employee separation, overseeing employment agreements and employee hiring, advising on new policies and legislation, representing companies in defending against employee compensation disputes from single plaintiff Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) filings to larger class action and representative suits. Jason provides counseling on preventing and defending against sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and retaliation lawsuits, advice and representation for administrative hearings, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) investigations, and Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) matters, and generally provides human resources counseling on a general or project basis.
- Brief for Appellant – Makky v. Chertoff, 541 F.3d 205 (3d Cir. 2008)
- Brief for Appellant – Hilario Rodriguez v. BDK USA, INC., (Court of Appeals of California, Second District, Division Seven, July 6, 2011) (NO. B224953).
Honors & Leadership
- Active Member of the UCLA Anderson School of Business community
- Active Member of the San Francisco Harvard University Alumni community
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- San Francisco Breakfast Briefing2.28.17
- It’s Never Too Late To Comply11.10.16 - 12.8.16
- It’s Never Too Late To Comply7.26.16 - 8.16.16
- Webinar and Web Video: ClearCare Talks: The Affordable Care Act in the Home Care Industry
- CAHSAH Seminar series: The Affordable Care Act in the Home Care Industry: What you need to know.
- Panel Speaker: City of Orange Chamber of Commerce: The Affordable Care Act and Small Business.
- Employment Privacy Blog3.8.17
- Gig Employer Blog3.7.17
- California Employers Blog3.7.17
- Gig Employer Blog8.10.16
- Seton Hall University School of LawJ.D. 2008
- Harvard UniversityB.A. 2004
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New Jersey Superior Court
- Supreme Court of New York
- California Superior Court