Holly N. Mancl
Holly Mancl is a member of the firm’s SBA Loan Team, dedicated to advising employers on the inner workings of the complex CARES Act loan process during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Holly Mancl represents employers in business disputes, employment litigation, and matters prosecuted by government agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Focusing on client objectives, Holly routinely advises employers during government investigations and cases alleging discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and misclassification of employees. She also defends employers against claims of wrongful termination and violation of employment contracts, including non-solicitation and non-competition obligations.
In addition to her litigation practice, Holly frequently counsels employers about avoiding litigation. She assists companies in creating employment applications, employee handbooks, policies, and bonus and commission plans. She represents clients in both state or federal courts in Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Obtained summary judgment in age discrimination matter where plaintiff’s lowest demand exceeded $450,000.
- Obtained multiple dismissals of charges pending before the EEOC, often effectively ending plaintiffs’ claims for discrimination.
- Obtained dismissal of employer in mass tort asbestos exposure case.
Honors & Leadership
- Tennessee Bar Association Young Lawyer Division Board (2014-2017)
- Tennessee Bar Association Leadership Law, Class of 2015
- Bristol, Tennessee Bar Association, President (2016)
- Bristol, Tennessee Bar Association, Vice-President (2015)
- Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Division, Chair of Southwest Virginia “No Bills Night” (2014, 2015)
- LEED AP – Certified May 2009
- Boys and Girls Club of the Mountain Empire, Board Member (2014-2017)
- LEAD! Bristol Graduate, Class of 2011
- Tri-cities Business Journal Forty Under 40 Award Recipient, 2014
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- NC Employment Law Update- Union County HR Association
- FMLA Expansion Due to the Coronavirus Response Act Webinar- Union County Chamber
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog3.17.20
- Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog5.13.19
- Wind of Change: MSHA’s Final Rule Governing Workplace Examinations for Metal and Nonmetal Mines Becomes Effective June 2, 2018Workplace Safety and Health Law Blog5.22.18
- Is OSHA’s New Silica Rule Dust in the Wind? Likely Not. Court Rejects Several Challenges to the New StandardWorkplace Safety and Health Law Blog2.14.18
- University of Tennessee College of LawJ.D. 2008, cum laude
- Queens University of CharlotteB.A. 2005, summa cum laude
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
- U.S District for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia