an Ellzey is a partner in the firm's Columbia office. Throughout his career, he has limited his practice to labor and employment law on behalf of management.
In the labor area, Dan advises companies across the nation on labor relations. This includes union campaigns and elections, collective bargaining, and labor arbitration.
Dan is certified as a Specialist in Employment and Labor Law by the Supreme Court of South Carolina. He is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Dan has also been listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Business Lawyers since 2004 and in The Best Lawyers in America since 2006. He was selected by his peers to be one of Greater Columbia Business Monthly's 2010 Legal Elite. Dan was also recognized as an Employment Law – Management Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America for 2014.
Honors & Leadership
- General Counsel, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) South Carolina State Council
- Chairman, Labor and Employment Law Section, South Carolina Bar Association (1985-1986)
- Member, House of Delegates, South Carolina Bar Association (1992-1994)
- Served on the Human Resources Committee and the Legislative Agenda Task Force for the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- Served on the Board of Directors for the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce and the Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Served on the Board of Directors for Junior Achievement and the Carolina Children's Home
- Worked closely with the Strategic Alliance for the Midlands and the South Carolina Department of Commerce
- In 2005, he was recognized by Governor Mark Sanford as an economic development Ambassador.
- University of South Carolina School of LawJ.D. 1973
- University of UtahM.B.A. 1977
- University of South CarolinaB.A. 1970
- South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- South Carolina Supreme Court