Ehsan is an experienced litigator and counselor who has represented energy, healthcare, and technology companies in a variety of labor and employment matters. Ehsan specializes in complex, high-stakes business and employment disputes, including trade secret theft, unfair competition, corporate espionage, and executive termination matters. He also defends employers in wage and hour, harassment, and discrimination actions in state and federal court, arbitration, and before government agencies.
A graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, Ehsan has a great breadth of experience inside the courtroom, working with federal judges, and in policy-making. Ehsan clerked for U.S. District Judge Sheri Polster Chappell of the Middle District of Florida. During his clerkship, Ehsan gained unique insight into the inner-workings of the courtroom and effective written and oral advocacy. Prior to his clerkship, Ehsan practiced law at another prominent Washington DC litigation boutique founded by a former advisor to the United States Solicitor General.
Ehsan was selected for the Texas Rising Stars lists 2018-2019. The list honors the best lawyers in the state who are age 40 or younger or those who have practice no more than 10 years. Fewer than 2.5 percent of eligible Texas attorneys earn this recognition each year.
Before choosing a career in law, Ehsan was a fellow in the United States Senate, a debate and speech instructor, and a nationally-recognized debater.
- Attained complete defense verdict for health care company against plaintiff alleging retaliation claims and seeking over $1 million in damages.
- Attained complete defense verdict for national dental practice against plaintiff alleging discrimination and interference under the Family Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Attained complete defense verdict for financial services client against plaintiff alleging discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Attained summary judgment dismissing all claims for an oil and gas company against plaintiff who brought unpaid overtime, discrimination, and retaliation claims.
- Attained summary judgment dismissing all claims for an international oil and gas company against plaintiff who brought discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Successfully defeated Temporary Restraining Order and preliminary injunction in suit by employer against former executive arising from misappropriation and theft of trade secrets;
- Successfully defeated request to restrain a “for-cause” termination of a commercial contract on behalf of a multi-national courier delivery services company.
- Obtained TRO and preliminary injunction in trade secret theft and non-competition case. Case later settled on very favorable terms for client.
- Attained summary judgment for financial services company against plaintiff who asserted claims of discrimination and retaliation.
- Attained dismissal with prejudice of all claims for a health system against plaintiff who brought claims of disability discrimination and retaliation.
- Attained dismissal with prejudice of federal discrimination claims in favor of multinational courier and delivery company.
- In a precedent-setting case, successfully certified class claims that required the District of Columbia to reform critical aspects of its special education programs for preschool aged children.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
Listed in the 2018-2020 Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars which honors the best Texas lawyers age 40 or younger and those who have practiced less than 10 years. Fewer than 2.5 percent of eligible Texas attorneys earn this selection each year.
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Board Member, Young Friends of CanCare
- New Partners Include Over 45% Women12.20.19
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- LegalKwik: Hosted by HR Houston and Fisher & Phillips: Separation Anxiety: How to Manage Employee Separations and Severance Agreements.
- UT System Legal Conference: A Look Back and a Peek Forward: Developments and Trends in Employment Law
- LegalKwik: Hosted by HR Houston and Fisher & Phillips: Texas Trade Secret Litigation and Developments
- 29th Annual Labor & Employment Law Institute State Bar of Texas Labor & Employment Law Section
- Hospitality Law Conference Series 2.0: Restrictive Covenants: Protecting Your Assets and Trade Secrets
- State Bar Litigation Section Report: The Advocate, Volume 84, Fall 2018. SLAPP Wary: What Employment Lawyers Need to Know about the Texas Anti-SLAPP Law, by Ehsan Tabesh and Stephen J. Roppolo.
- Texas Independent Automobile Dealers Association, It’s Not Just About “Sex”: Preventing Sexual Orientation Discrimination in the Dealership
- University of Virginia School of LawJ.D. 2010
- University of MinnesotaB.A. 2005
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas