E. Scott Smith
Scott Smith is Senior Counsel in the firm's Atlanta office. He represents air and rail carriers and other employers in all aspects of labor relations and employment law, including strike and slow-down litigation, arbitration, union organizing campaigns, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, seniority-integration disputes, and general employment law and discrimination litigation, including jury and non-jury trials and appeals.
Scott is a member of the Senior Editorial Board of The Railway Labor Act, published by The Bureau of National Affairs, and he is a regular participant in conferences sponsored by the Railway & Airline Labor Law Committee of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Conference of Railroad and Airline Labor Lawyers.
He has represented air and rail carriers and other employers before the Supreme Court, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 11th circuits, and before numerous state and federal district courts.
While in law school, Scott was a member of the University of Georgia Law Review. He is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Airline Prof'ls Assn. v. ABX Air, Inc., 400 F.3d 411 (6th Cir. 2005)
- Airline Prof'ls Assn. v. ABX Air, Inc., 274 F.3d 1023 (6th Cir. 2001)
- Watkins v. Bowden, 105 F.3d 1344 (11th Cir. 1997)
- Ferrero v. Assoc. Matl's, 923 F.2d 1441 (11th Cir. 1991)
- Hudson v. Norfolk Southern Ry. Co., 209 F. Supp. 2d 1301 (N.D. Ga. 2001)
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Senior Editorial Board for the 2nd edition of BNA's The Railway Labor Act.