David A. Young
David Young was a partner in the firm's Orlando office. He represented private and public sector employers in all aspects of employment and traditional labor law.
He advised clients on employment issues including: employment discrimination and retaliation, litigation avoidance, family and medical leave, wage and hour matters, military leave, privacy issues, employment policies, federal contractor compliance issues, and non-competition/non-solicitation and trade secret agreements.
David's practice included defending employers in litigation before state and federal courts, as well as, representing employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Florida Public Employees Relations Commission (PERC), and other federal, state, and local administrative agencies enforcing laws and regulations governing employment discrimination, collective bargaining, union representation, unfair labor practices, wages and hours of work, and whistleblowers.
David was listed in Florida Trend's "Legal Elite" in 2007 as one of Florida's "Up and Coming" attorneys. He had also been recognized in Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Stars since 2009.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers, 2018
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Stars since 2009
- Member, Florida Bar Labor & Employment Law Section
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- A Quarterly Breakfast and Discussion Program of Fisher Phillips Orlando Office11.3.16
- University of Florida College of LawJ.D. 2001
- University of FloridaB.A. 1994
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida