Deven S. Gray is an associate in the Charlotte office. Deven’s practice includes representing employers in preventing, litigating, and resolving employment-related claims. She has a wide range of experience defending employers against discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful discharge claims before federal and state administrative agencies, in federal and state court, and arbitration. Deven also provides employers preventative advice regarding compliance with various federal, state, and local employment laws including, FMLA, FLSA, NLRA, Title VII, ADEA, and the ADA.
Additionally, she counsels employers regarding employment agreements, non-compete agreements, separation agreements, employee handbooks, workplace policies, and employee discipline. Deven also has experience in trade secret litigation, including seeking injunctive and equitable relief related to restrictive covenants, tortious interference, and misappropriation of trade secrets claims.
Honors & Leadership
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association: Labor & Employment Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division
- Wake County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador
- Duke University School of LawJ.D. 2013
- Cornell UniversityB.S. 2006
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina