Danielle C. Garcia
Danielle Garcia is an associate in the firm's San Diego office. Her practice focuses on representing clients in all aspects of labor and employment law, including traditional labor relations management, harassment, and discrimination. She has experience defending cases in state court, federal court, arbitration proceedings, and before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). Danielle also represents Native American Tribes pertaining to employment and labor law concerns, and understands the unique needs of the Tribal community.
Danielle also devotes a considerable amount of her practice to counseling employers on compliant handbook policies, termination proceedings, and general personnel questions, including leaves of absence and prevailing wage questions. Danielle often speaks on union avoidance techniques as well as the impact of the NLRB on employee handbooks and arbitration agreements.
During law school, Danielle completed a concentration in labor and employment law, in which she received the highest GPA. Danielle was a member of the National Trial team as well as an Articles Editor for San Diego Law Review. She received a CALI award for excellence for receiving the top score in her Employment Law course. She also served as an extern for the Honorable Jill L. Burkhardt of the Southern District of California.
Prior to her legal career, Danielle worked as a human resource generalist and shift supervisor for a food manufacturing facility, where she participated in union negotiations and other personnel matters.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, California Indian Law Association
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Gig Employer Blog9.29.16
- Lewis v. Clarke And The Failed Expedition To Secure Tribal Rights: SCOTUS Rules Against Tribal Employee Immunity4.26.17
- Is There A Women’s March On Employers? What Employers Need To Know About The ‘Day Without A Woman’ Protests3.7.17
- Why California Employers Don’t Have To Be 420 Friendly After The Legalization Of Recreational Marijuana11.9.16
- University of San Diego School of LawJ.D., cum laude
- San Francisco State UniversityB.A. 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California