Dana T. Chang Dikas
Dana Chang is an associate in the firm’s Dallas office. Her practice includes representing management in all types of employment-related matters. She defends employers in all phases of litigation in state and federal courts and before various local, state and national administrative agencies against claims of discrimination based on age, race, color, sex, disability, religion and national origin arising under various civil rights laws, as well as claims involving family and medical leave, wage and hour disputes, breach of contract and related torts.
Dana’s practice also includes preparing employment and severance agreements, drafting and revising policies and handbooks, training managers and employees and counseling employers on hiring, discipline and termination of employees and other employment issues to ensure compliance with local, state and federal employment laws.
Dana frequently authors articles for employment-related publications. She is also a member of the firm’s Education Practice Group.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, American Bar Association: Section of Labor and Employment Law
- Member, National Bar Association: Labor and Employment Law Section
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Multiple Dates
Moderator, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, “Careers in Labor and Employment Law” at Nova University Shepard Broad Law Center
Keynote speaker, The Rotary Club of Weston, Scholarship Awards Banquet
- Best Practices to Avoid Liability for Sexual Harassment, Daily Business Review, June 8, 2017
- Political Table Talk is Making Employers Sick, Food & Drink International, November 10, 2016
- When Work and Politics Collide: What is an Employer to Do?, Daily Business Review, September 13, 2016
- University of Florida College of LawJ.D. 2011, cum laude
- University of FloridaB.A. 2008, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida