David A. Buchsbaum
David Buchsbaum is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office. His practice involves representation of management in all areas of labor and employment law. David’s representation extends to employers throughout the United States in both state and federal courts, as well as before the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and various other state and federal agencies. A significant portion of his practice focuses on wage and hour law, emphasizing issues relating to minimum wage, overtime, timekeeping, and wage-payment requirements.
David assists employers in preventive efforts designed to ensure compliance, and he handles both investigations conducted by government agencies and litigation in the wage and hour area. He spends a significant amount of time counseling clients regarding day to day employment issues and assisting them to find practical solutions to their legal problems in a proactive manner. This includes preparing employee handbooks and policies, conducting manager and employee training, and providing counsel regarding all aspects of the employment process.
David is “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and was recognized as a South Florida “Top Lawyer” by South Florida Legal Guide. He has also been listed in Florida Super Lawyers - Rising Stars since 2009 and has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America since 2013.
- Flores v. Roof Tile Admin., Inc., 887 So.2d 360 (Fla. App. 2004)
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America since 2013
- Recognized as a South Florida Top Lawyer by South Florida Legal Guide in 2013
- Recognized as a South Florida Top Up and Comer by South Florida Legal Guide 2007 - 2012
- Listed in Florida Super Lawyers - Rising Stars in 2009, 2011, and 2012
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- Fisher Phillips Named Top South Florida Law Firm, Five Firm Attorneys Named in 2013 Edition of South Florida Legal Guide1.11.13
- Six Firm Attorneys Named in 10th Edition of South Florida Legal Guide9.23.09
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- A Quarterly Breakfast and Discussion Program of Fisher Phillips Fort Lauderdale Office8.16.16
- "FLSA Overtime Compliance: The Art of Calculating The Regular Rate,"
HR Florida 2012 Conference & Expo, Orlando, Florida
- "Wage and Hour: What Supervisors Can Do To Minimize The Risk Of FLSA Violations,"
BLR Virtual Boot Camp, March 2011
- "Wage & Hour Law 101: Basic Compliance Principles,"
2010 GMSHRM Legal Update, Miami, Florida
- "Florida Employer Survival Guide: How to Reduce Your Risk of Wage and Hour Lawsuits,"
HR Florida 2010 Conference & Expo, Orlando, Florida
- "U.S. Supreme Court's Decision On Whistleblowers Significant" - Daily Business Review
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Automotive Dealership
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Employee Defection and Trade Secrets
- Equal Employment Opportunity Law
- Retail Industry
- Wage and Hour Law
- Compliance Audits and Counseling
- Employment Policies and Procedures
- Employment Discrimination and Related Litigation
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Employment Discrimination and Harassment
- Duke University School of LawJ.D. 1997
- Duke UniversityA.B. 1994, cum laude
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida