Crystal Trotter is Of Counsel in the firm’s Charlotte office. She joins the firm as a seasoned litigator who is licensed in both North and South Carolina. Crystal has significant experience successfully handling a wide array of employment matters in both federal and state courts, including but not limited to, Title VII claims, wrongful termination, compliance, and training. She is also well versed in the nuisances commonly involved in internal investigations. Additionally, her extensive construction litigation experience is invaluable to her work as a part of the firm’s workplace safety team.
Crystal is a natural negotiator and skilled oral advocate who received the honor of the Order of Barristers in law school. During her tenure in law school, she also served as a research editor on the Tennessee Journal of Law and Policy, and was a member of the UT Law Jessup International Moot Court Team.
An NCSU Caldwell fellow, Crystal remains committed to service and currently sits on the board of the Women Lawyers of Charlotte. She is a member of the Junior League of Charlotte, volunteers with Circle de Luz, and serves on the annual fundraising committee, Fighting for Women with Fashion, sponsored by the Women Lawyers of Charlotte and the Mecklenburg Medical Group Female Physicians section, in benefit of the Safe Alliance Clyde and Ethel Dickinson Domestic Violence shelter.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Crystal worked with a boutique defense litigation firm in Charlotte, handling primarily employment matters, but also defending municipalities, insurers, and businesses in the areas of commercial litigation, insurance defense, constitutional law, and personal injury.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
North Carolina Super Lawyers - Rising Star (2019)
- Women Lawyers of Charlotte
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- John S. Leary Bar Association
- NC Bar Association
- NC State Bar
- SC Bar Association
- Junior League of Charlotte
- Circle de Luz
- Safe Alliance (Fighting for Women with Fashion)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Annual EEOC Hot Topics Lunch & Learns
- University of Tennessee College of LawJ.D. 2009
- North Carolina State UniversityB.A. 2004, cum laude
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina