Claire E. Meharg
Claire Meharg is an attorney in the Tampa office. She devotes her practice to all aspects of labor and employment law. Claire has litigated employment disputes in state and federal court on a variety of employment-related claims, including claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and trade secret and restrictive covenant disputes.
Claire also represents employers charged with employment discrimination before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Florida Commission on Human Relations (FCHRA), and she has obtained multiple dismissals of administrative charges through no cause determinations. She also represents a number of financial services clients in Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration matters.
Additionally, Claire counsels clients on general employment law issues as they arise to ensure compliance and reduce the risk of litigation.
While in law school, Claire worked as the executive managing editor of the Florida Law Review and as a teaching assistant with the Department of Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- University of Florida College of LawJ.D., 2014 cum laude
- University of FloridaB.A., 2011 cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida