Cynthia Federico graduated law school in May, 2015 after a significant career in Human Resources and Community Relations. She started her career in the union environment of the chemicals manufacturing industry. She negotiated with both the Steelworkers and Firemen and Oilers unions, resolving labor disputes, and maintaining employment compliance. In this role, she created an Affirmative Action Plan adopted by other sites and developed a plant intranet for employees.
Cynthia then moved to the largest retail organization in the world, Walmart, as a Market Human Resource Manager with responsibility for associate engagement, employment compliance and performance management at multiple sites across Kentucky and Southern Indiana. She trained first-line supervisors on diversity appreciation and labor relations.
She provides advice to non-union clients on maintaining positive employee relations that dissuade third party representation and the legal actions to take when faced with union organizing drives.
Honors & Leadership
- Labor & Employment Moot Court Team New York Law School (2014)
- Business Management Certification: Wharton School of Business
- SPHR Certified since 2002
- Board Member, Louisville Urban League
- Lector, St. Aloysius Catholic Church
- Presenter, for clients of Dress for Success
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Transition to an Electronic Handbook – Business & Legal Resource Webinar
- One Day, Many Solutions Conference – Why the NLRB is Still Snooping Around Your Employee
- Handbook (May, 2015)
- Nine in Ninety (2015 KY SHRM Conference)
- Protected Concerted Activity (Toyota Supplier Conference)
- Employee Was Rubbed the Wrong Way by Same Sex Coworker
- Patience Pays Off in Hospital’s ADA Row with Doctor
- Gig Employer Blog10.5.16
- University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of LawJ.D. 2015
- Fielding Graduate UniversityM.A. 1999
- Western Kentucky UniversityB.S.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Supreme Court