Caryn Diamond Shaw is an associate in the firm's Orlando office. Caryn devotes her practice to all aspects of labor and employment law. Caryn regularly counsels local, regional and national companies in regard to compliance with state and federal employment laws.
She has litigation experience in a wide array of employment disputes, including workplace discrimination and harassment, wage and hour, and trade secrets and restrictive covenants. Caryn has successfully obtained injunctive relief for clients seeking to enforce restrictive covenants and protect trade secrets.
When necessary, Caryn has also successfully defeated competitors’ requests for injunctive relief. Caryn has litigated before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and arbitration forums, including Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FCMS), American Arbitration Association (AAA), and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Her work also includes counseling employers on such issues as wage and hour, employee discipline and discharge, handbook development and employee policy violations, anti-discrimination and anti-harassment, and non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and non-solicitation agreements, and litigation avoidance and compliance.
Caryn conducts on-site executive and employee trainings and regularly speaks to national organizations, business and professional associations, industry groups and individual employers.
She previously served as a judicial intern for the Third District Court of Appeal in Miami, Florida and the 8th Judicial Circuit Court Probate Division in Gainesville, Florida. Caryn has also been listed in Florida Super Lawyers - Rising Stars since 2013.
- Caryn obtained a temporary injunction against a former employee for violating his non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreement.
- Caryn prevailed on summary judgment in an FLSA overtime case, successfully arguing the plaintiff was an independent contractor.
Honors & Leadership
- Vice Chair, Orange County Bar Association Insurance Law Committee
- Board of Directors, Daytona Beach Jewish Heritage Festival (2008-2010)
- Board of Directors, American Lung Association (2010)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- CFPA Seminar: Employment Law Back to Basics
- University of Florida College of LawJ.D. 2007, cum laude, Book Awards in Estates and Trusts and Trial Practice
- University of GeorgiaB.A.J. and B.A. 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court
- Florida District Courts of Appeal