Carley G. Millian
Carley Millian represents employers in employment lawsuits of all kinds, including alleged wrongful termination, harassment, failure to provide a reasonable accommodation or a leave of absence, and wage and hour violations.
Prior to joining Fisher Phillips, Ms. Millian worked at a mid-sized defense firm with a reputation for its trial work, and for a tenacious plaintiff-side firm practicing employment law exclusively. Having represented employees, analyzed thousands of cases for potential liability, and learned the potential weaknesses of a case from that side, she is able to provide a unique perspective to her clients.
Ms. Millian went to UCLA School of Law, where she received a significant merit-based scholarship. She began working for employment litigation firms in law school and has been litigating employment disputes since she was admitted to the bar. Ms. Millian became an attorney because she enjoys providing solutions for clients in complex situations. She has experience in all phases of civil litigation and has resolved numerous cases through mediations and direct negotiations. Ms. Millian also regularly advises clients regarding best practices in all areas of employment law and how to avoid future liability.
- Prepared and argued a successful motion for summary adjudication that eliminated the plaintiff’s only fee-shifting claim.
- Prepared a brief opposing a motion for attorneys’ fees for a case that had been litigated for over ten years, which resulted in a denial of fees to plaintiff’s counsel and an award of sanctions to her client.
- Conducted numerous depositions of plaintiffs, fact witnesses, third parties, and retained and non-retained experts.
- Successfully domesticated a subpoena in another state, which resulted in obtaining key witness testimony.
- During law school, Ms. Millian externed for four judges in Orange County Superior Court providing recommended rulings for discovery and dispositive motions
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
Dean's Merit Scholarship Recipient, UCLA School of Law
- Co-Chair, Silent Auction Committee, Orange County Bar Association Charitable Fund Annual Raise Your Glass Gala
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
Ms. Millian volunteers her time serving the local underprivileged community in Orange County through the Orange County Bar Association. As a Co-Chair of the Silent Auction Committee for Orange County Bar Association Charitable Fund Annual Raise Your Glass Gala she raises money to fund grants to law-related charities that serve the local community.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of LawJ.D. 2014
- Colby, CollegeB.A. 2009, summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California