Chris Ahearn is a partner in the firm's Irvine office. He has represented employers in litigation matters for nearly all of his legal career. In addition to his experience in defending employment harassment and discrimination claims in courts and in arbitration, Chris has significant experience, including as lead counsel, in defending complex class action and multi-party claims involving wage and hour issues under the California Labor Code and the FLSA. His cases have included high-profile matters with substantial media coverage. Chris has litigated several class action cases either at trial, or through the class certification and summary judgment stages, and to the brink of trial. Chris has also represented employers in numerous claims brought under the California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (PAGA). He has also litigated harassment and discrimination claims at trial or through significant motion practice and to the brink of trial. His experience also includes federal and California WARN claims.
Chris has used his substantial litigation experience to successfully lead the majority of his cases to settlement, prior to significant litigation expense being incurred. He has represented employers in matters before state and federal courts in California, in arbitration, and before the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC), the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), and the Employment Development Department (EDD).
Chris’ practice also focuses on shielding employers from liability by providing advice and counsel in multiple areas of California employment law, including California wage and hour matters, discipline and termination, and employment policies and procedures.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Transportation Lawyers Association
Chris has represented several clients, pro bono, through La Casa de las Madres, a shelter and community center for domestic violence victims, in relation to requests for restraining orders and claims for damages against perpetrators of abuse.
- Labor and Employment attorneys represent 11 offices1.2.18
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- “Employment Law A-Z”, Lorman Education Services, Oakland, California
- Decision Provides Boost To Gig Economy Businesses9.9.16
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of LawJ.D. 2005
- Boston CollegeA.B. 1997, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California