Chris Ahearn is Of Counsel in the firm's Irvine office. He has represented employers in litigation matters for nearly all of his legal career. He has represented employers in matters before state and federal courts in California, in arbitration, and before the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC), the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), and the Employment Development Department (EDD). Chris has significant experience in complex multi-party and class action claims, and his cases have included high-profile matters with substantial media coverage. Chris has also represented employers in numerous claims brought under the California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (PAGA).
Chris’ practice also focuses on shielding employers from liability by providing advice and counsel in multiple areas of California employment law, including California wage and hour matters, discipline and termination, and employment policies and procedures.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Transportation Lawyers Association
Chris has represented several clients, pro bono, through La Casa de las Madres, a shelter and community center for domestic violence victims, in relation to requests for restraining orders and claims for damages against perpetrators of abuse.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- “Employment Law A-Z”, Lorman Education Services, Oakland, California
- Decision Provides Boost To Gig Economy Businesses9.9.16
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of LawJ.D. 2005
- Boston CollegeM.A. & A.B. 1997, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California