Benjamin C. Mann
Benjamin Mann is an associate in the firm's Philadelphia office. He has substantial experience litigating complex commercial disputes and employment-related claims in both federal court and state court. Benjamin has recently been selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 2016.
Benjamin is regularly involved in defending employers against workplace discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims. His practice especially focuses on litigation arising under Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Benjamin also advises employers on how to prevent employment disputes from arising. Additionally, he has presented continuing education seminars to human resources and legal professionals on the topics of reasonable accommodations under the ADA, and managing employee leave under the FMLA, ADA, and Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Awarded Summary Judgment in favor of nursing home client on age discrimination claims brought by a former resident advisor in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 2016
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Volunteer, Special Olympics Pennsylvania
- Volunteer, Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society (PAWS)
- Member, Northern Liberties Neighbors Association (NLNA)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Philadelphia Annual One Day Seminar9.29.16
- Un-Brotherly Love: The Commonwealth Seeks to Preempt Philadelphia’s Wage Equity Ordinance Before It Takes EffectGovernment Relations Blog2.13.17
- Un-Brotherly Love: The Commonwealth Seeks to Preempt Philadelphia’s Wage Equity Ordinance Before It Takes EffectKeystone Employment Law Blog2.10.17
- MIND THE (PAY) GAP: PHILADELPHIA EMPLOYERS SOON WILL BE PROHIBITED FROM INQUIRING ABOUT WAGE HISTORY DURING HIRING PROCESSKeystone Employment Law Blog12.30.16
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination Claims Under TITLE VII Won’t Be Dismissed…in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of PennsylvaniaKeystone Employment Law Blog11.22.16
- Gig Employer Blog11.17.16
- You Don't Have The Right to Remain Silent: The Middle District of Pennsylvania Reaffirms that Attorney-Client Communications During Depositions are NOT PRIVILEGEDKeystone Employment Law Blog6.13.16
- Ban-the-Ban: The Commonwealth Court in Pennsylvania Finds Unconstitutional the Lifetime Hiring Ban for Convicted Criminals Under The Older Adults Protective Services Act (“OAPSA”)Keystone Employment Law Blog2.25.16
- Keystone Employment Law Blog1.7.16
- Villanova University School of LawJ.D. 2010, cum laude
- New York University2004
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin