Brian Ellixson is an employment lawyer and trade secrets litigator in the Philadelphia office. Brian focuses his practice on matters involving trade secrets, restrictive covenants, non-disclosure agreements, unfair competition and employee raiding. Brian also works with the Data Security and Workplace Privacy practice group on issues related to the workplace impact of federal and state data protection laws, including security breach response and formulation of social media and electronic communication policies. As a member of the firm’s International Employers Practice Group, Brian is part of a legal team helping multi-national employers manage a workforce spanning diverse jurisdictions, including assisting employers with issues relating to employment contracts, workplace laws and practices, and restrictive covenants in key jurisdictions around the world.
Brian has significant experience with internal investigations related to fraud, and has helped pharmaceutical and medical device companies respond to government investigations.
- Employment Privacy Blog5.31.18
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog5.30.18
- Cross Border Employer Blog2.8.18
- Pennsylvania’s Proposed “Freedom to Work Act” Aims to Join California in Banning Non-Compete AgreementsNon-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog1.26.18
- California Dreaming: Pennsylvania’s Proposed “Freedom to Work Act” Aims to Join California in Banning Non-Compete AgreementsKeystone Employment Law Blog1.18.18
- Ontario, Canada: Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017 Aims to Protect Low-Wage and Part-Time WorkersCross Border Employer Blog12.12.17
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog10.30.17
- Cross Border Employer Blog9.22.17
- University of Notre Dame Law SchoolJ.D. 2014, cum laude
- Brown UniversityB.A. 2011
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania