Bailey K. Bifoss
Bailey Bifoss is a client-focused associate in Fisher Phillips’ San Francisco office. She understands that to provide effective representation, a counselor of law must become a strategic partner to her clients by understanding their business, specific challenges, and goals.
Bailey’s experience gives a multi-dimensional perspective to her practice of law. A former attorney on the plaintiff-side, Bailey has the unique ability to anticipate opposing viewpoints and motivations. This perspective enables her to effectively advise clients through complex employment issues and facilitates her conversations with clients as they identify the “win” in each situation. Bailey combines her legal experience with her clients’ business-focused expertise to create and implement creative, cost-effective solutions.
Bailey applies the same client-focused approach to litigation, and ensures that employers are involved in the development and implementation of case strategy. With years of experience on both sides of the table, Bailey has litigated and resolved numerous matters before federal and state courts and administrative agencies like the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Department of Industrial Relations. Bailey is a fierce litigator and extremely knowledgeable in procedural and substantive areas of the law.
Bailey is a frequent writer and speaker on labor and employment related issues. This aligns with her client-focused approach to proactively addressing workplace management situations. Topics often include:
- Documenting employee discipline and separation issues;
- Managing employee leaves of absence and controlling abuse;
- Administering employee sick leave programs;
- Auditing for compliance with various wage and hour laws;
- Preserving confidential information and trade secrets; and
- Drafting and implementing employment policies including those related to harassment, equal employment opportunity, drug testing, and confidential information.
Often, Bailey’s advice and counsel leads employers to identify and resolve potential issues before they have an opportunity to turn into litigation. However, when litigation appears inevitable or when navigating California’s ever-changing employment climate, Bailey’s clients know they have a trusted and reliable resource on their side.
Bailey hails from Michigan and is an avid Detroit Tigers, Red Wings, and Lions fan. After nearly a decade in the Bay Area, she has also adopted the San Francisco Giants. In fact, Bailey became a runner after learning that San Francisco holds races ending at AT&T Park.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, Bar Association of Sacramento
Bailey is deeply involved in the Bay Area community and has volunteered with the San Francisco AIDS Foundation Harm Reduction Project since 2009.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- San Francisco Breakfast Briefing10.11.17
- Gig Employer Blog6.18.18
- Gig Employer Blog3.1.18
- Gig Employer Blog10.18.17
- Gig Employer Blog9.13.17
- Golden Gate University School of LawJ.D. 2011
- Central Michigan UniversityB.S.W. 2008
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California