Alia Wynne is Of Counsel in the firm's Houston office. She has successfully represented employers in a number of jurisdictions against charges and lawsuits related to sexual harassment, hostile work environment, discrimination based on gender, race, age, and disability, and retaliation for engaging in activity protected by Title VII, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and workers' compensation laws. She also handles litigation involving breach of contract, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, and individual and collective Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) claims.
On the preventive side, Alia provides day-to-day advice on a variety of employment issues, including investigations, disciplinary matters, terminations, leaves of absence, and wage-hour compliance. She also reviews and drafts employment agreements, restrictive covenants, handbooks, and personnel forms.
During law school, Alia served as Comment/Casenote Editor for the Loyola Law Review, and was designated a William L. Crowe, Sr. Scholar.
She also authored "Acknowledging Information Technology Under the Civil Code: Why Software Transactions Should Not Be Treated as Sales," which was published in the Loyola Law Review in 2004.
Alia has been listed in Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars since 2014.
- Won summary judgment in extremely plaintiff- friendly jurisdiction on age discrimination claim by long-term employee whose position was eliminated for budgetary reasons.
- Won summary judgment on disability discrimination claim by highly compensated salesperson whose employment was terminated for violation of a work rule.
- Prevailed in litigation of gender discrimination lawsuit and subsequent retaliation lawsuit after same employee was laid off in a reduction in force.
- Obtained injunction relief to enforce non-compete agreement against former employee who resigned to work for a competitor.
- Obtained summary judgment on claims of sexual harassment and retaliation.
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Loyola University New Orleans School of LawJ.D. 2004, cum laude
- Loyola UniversityB.A. 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Texas