Amy Strauss is an associate in the firm's Dallas office. Amy is skilled in all aspects of counseling management clients in employment law matters, and has significant experience litigating employment law claims.
She has worked with in-house counsel and human resource teams in the development and implementation of workplace policies and procedures, including those pertaining to hiring, termination and discipline, employee handbooks, drug testing, workplace violence, non-compete agreements, executive employment contracts, planning for reductions in force, affirmative action plan compliance audits, training materials, and protecting the confidentiality of employer data in the age of the internet.
Amy has participated in significant litigation before state, federal and appellate courts. She assists clients with thorough and effective investigation of workplace misconduct as well as discrimination and retaliation claims before governmental agencies and courts, and has represented clients at the courthouse in a wide variety of employment matters, including those that have been tried to juries.
Amy is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the Dallas Bar Association (including the Labor and Employment Law section of each), as well as the California and New York Bars.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Dallas Bar Association – Labor and Employment Law Section
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Dallas Lunch & Learn11.9.16
- Dallas Full-Day Seminar8.30.16
- University of Virginia School of LawJ.D. 2000
- University of California, BerkeleyB.A. 1997
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas