Anderson B. Scott
Andy Scott was a partner in the firm's Atlanta office. He handled employment litigation nationally for employers, including wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment and whistleblower claims, and claims arising under the Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA).
Although Andy represented a broad range of clients – everything from retailers to hospitals to manufacturers - he had a substantial practice serving the trucking industry. Andy worked with trucking associations and their members in various states and frequently spoke to industry groups.
He was a board member of the Georgia Motor Trucking Association (GMTA), the trucking industry trade group in Georgia. In addition, Andy was an active member of the American Trucking Association, Alabama Trucking Association, and Kentucky Trucking Association. Andy was "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors & Leadership
- Board Member, Georgia Motor Trucking Association
- 3 Things You Need To Know About Opinion Letter7.23.19
- Emory University School of LawJ.D. 1993
- Yale UniversityM.F.A. 1987
- Davidson CollegeB.A. 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Supreme Court