Anne Milligan is an associate in the firm's Portland office. She is a professional and passionate litigator who also provides advice and counsel to employers in areas such as employment discrimination, discipline and discharge, and wage and hour litigation in Oregon and Washington. She has represented clients in eight federal districts, in private, federal, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) mediations, in state and municipal courts, and before the Bureau of Labor and Industries.
Obtained a rarely granted summary judgment for a local restaurant in a case that involved whistleblower, Workers’ Compensation, and wrongful termination allegations by a former employee.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Portland Breakfast Briefing6.16.16
- Social Media Pitfalls in the Workplace
- Employment Law Essentials for Canna-Businesses
- Making Oregon Paid Sick Leave Easy
- “Billing and Timekeeping,” “Managing Work Assignments,” and “Practice Areas,” A Young Lawyers’ Survival Guide¸ Arkansas Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section (2013).
“Chasing Shadows Through the Night,” Night Running: A Book of Essays About Breaking Through (2d ed.) (June 14, 2016).
- Gig Employer Blog8.10.16
- Gig Employer Blog6.21.16
- Gig Employer Blog6.14.16
- State Will Employ Three Different Regional Minimum Wages2.19.16
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law2010 J.D. (with high honors)
- University of Central Arkansas2006 B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington