Adam Brown is an associate in the Denver office of Fisher Phillips. His practice involves representing and advising employers in a wide array of labor and employment matters.
As a litigator, Adam has represented employers in Federal and State Court, as well as in private and industry arbitration hearings. He has also assisted in representing clients in front of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Colorado Civil Rights Division (CCRD), the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE), and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Adam spends a considerable amount of time defending employers against discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and workplace tort claims brought by current and former employees in federal and state court. He is also often involved in litigation arising out of employee movement between competing entities, including work to enforce restrictive covenant agreements and to protect trade secrets and other confidential business information.
Traditional labor law is also part of Adam’s practice, including representing clients in connection with collective bargaining negotiations, labor arbitrations and grievance hearings, unfair labor practice charges, and union avoidance campaigns.
Adam also counsels employers on wage and hour issues, and has experience representing employers in both single plaintiff and collective action cases arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage payment laws. Adam also assists clients in wage and hour and other compliance investigations initiated by both federal and state government agencies.
In addition to litigation and other defense work, Adam helps clients implement proactive, practical solutions to help avoid future litigation. He regularly drafts and revises employee handbooks, employment agreements, and other employment policies, and provides advice to clients who need solutions to unique and challenging workplace issues.
Honors & Leadership
- Member Board of Directors, Hispanic Contractors of Colorado
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Denver Annual Seminar4.17.18
- Denver’s Labor and Employment Law Update5.2.17
- Denver Human Resources Academy10.13.16
- Denver Fisher Phillips Breakfast Briefing8.5.16
- Denver Breakfast Briefing9.17.15
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog3.6.18
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog12.29.16
- Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Blog7.6.16
- University of Colorado School of LawJ.D. 2014
- University of ColoradoB.A. 2008, cum laude, with distinction
- Colorado Court of Appeals
- Colorado Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado