Alanna Brook is an associate in the firm's Phoenix office. She focuses her practice on employment litigation and on issues including employment discrimination, covenants not to compete and unfair competition. Alanna has represented clients in court as well as before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR).
While in law school, Alanna served as a staff writer for the Arizona Law Review and was a founding member and Executive Editor of the Arizona Journal of Environmental Law & Policy.
She also interned with the Consumer Protection and Advocacy Section of the Arizona Attorney General’s Office. Alanna earned a certificate in Indigenous Peoples Law & Policy from the University of Arizona’s program of the same name.
Following graduation, Alanna served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Virginia C. Kelly in the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division II.
Prior to joining the firm she practiced as a commercial litigation associate in a Southwest Regional law firm’s Phoenix office. Alanna is a United States Air Force veteran.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) - (2016-present)
- Member, SHRM of Greater Phoenix (SHRMGP) - (2016-present)
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section (2013-present)
- Associate Member, Arizona Native American Bar Association (2012-present)
- Member, State Bar of Arizona, Employment and Labor Law Section (2014-present)
- Member, State Bar of Arizona, Indian Law Section (2011-present)
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Friends of Animal Care and Control
- Member, Steering Committee, Generation United - Valley of the Sun United Way
- Member, Women's Leadership Council - Valley of the Sun United Way
- Volunteer, Maricopa County Animal Care & Control
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Is Your Use of Criminal Background Checks Discriminatory?"
Arizona Attorney Magazine
- University of Arizona College of LawJ.D. 2010, magna cum laude
- Tulane UniversityB.A. 2001, cum laude
- Arizona Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona