Adam Bridgers (CIPP/US)
Adam Bridgers is an attorney in the Charlotte office. He represents businesses across the United States faced with employment and privacy-related issues. Adam is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and advises clients on data security laws, data breaches, privacy policies, and workplace monitoring. In addition to privacy, he regularly practices in the areas of employment litigation, labor relations, and wage and hour law.
Adam has experience trying cases in various areas of the law. He has litigated cases at both the state and federal levels, including several complex cases, such as collective wage and hour actions, unfair competition claims, and trade secret disputes.
Adam strives to help businesses resolve problems before they reach court. However, he is not afraid to employ his courtroom skills if needed. He also counsels clients on preventive measures that help ensure disputes do not arise in the first place.
He has represented clients before courts in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, and South Carolina. His clients and adversaries range from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies and span across numerous industries, including banking, construction, energy, hospitality, and healthcare.
Adam keeps abreast of changes in the law both nationally and in North Carolina. He ensures that his clients receive the benefit of this knowledge through legal alerts and client presentations. He has also been called upon by media outlets to comment on and explain changes in the law, which affect the workplace.
Adam received the honor of being listed in North Carolina Super Lawyers - Rising Stars in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. He was also awarded the Charlotte Business Journal’s 2017 Emerging Leader Energy Leadership Award.
During law school, Adam was Editor-in-Chief of the Charlotte Law Review. He also gained invaluable legal experience as a summer law clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Frank D. Whitney and as a judicial extern to U.S. Magistrate Judge David Keesler, both judges in the Western District of North Carolina.
Adam attends Tuckaseege Baptist Church and enjoys serving his community. He was appointed by the Governor of North Carolina to serve on the Board of Chiropractic Examiners and is a member of the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition’s North Carolina Advisory Committee. Adam has served on the Board of Directors of many local non-profit organizations, including the Law and Community Foundation and the Lupus Foundation of America, North Carolina Chapter.
- Defended multi-million dollar breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims in North Carolina Business Court relating to termination of CEO.
- Defended wage and hour collective action for national bridge contractor in the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Defended multi-million dollar fraud claim in the North Carolina Business Court for real estate investment company.
- Tried negligence claim to a defense verdict for a nationwide insurance company.
- Rush v. Kenneth Rust Enterprises, United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, Case No. 7:15-CV-00019
- Earp v. Peters, United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, Case No. 5:07-CV-31
- Roth v. Penguin Toilets, LLC, North Carolina Superior Court, Case No. 11 CVS 478
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Charlotte Business Journal 2017 Energy Leadership Award – Emerging Leader
- North Carolina Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017)
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Mecklenburg County Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar
- Member, E4 Carolinas Workforce Development Task Force
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Fraternity
- Member, U.S. Global Leadership Coalition North Carolina Advisory Committee (2017)
- Board Member, North Carolina Board of Chiropractic Examiners (2015 - current)
- Vice-Chairman, Mecklenburg County Republican Party (2014 - 2015)
- Board of Directors, Lupus Foundation of America, North Carolina Chapter (2010 - 2014)
- President, Young Alumni Chapter of UNC-Charlotte Alumni Association (2009 - 2011)
- Board Member, Advisory Board for the UNC-Charlotte College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (2009 - 2012)
- Board of Directors, Law and Community Foundation (2009 - 2010)
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Carolinas Energy HR Professionals Forum10.10.17
- Carolinas Energy HR Professionals Forum6.20.17
- One Day, Many Solutions Charlotte5.5.16
- "Blockchain: What is It and What are Its Implications for the Workplace," American Bar Association Section of Labor & Employment Law, San Francisco, CA
- "Data Privacy and Security," American College of Phlebology Presentation, Denver, CO
- Joint Employer/Independent Contractor, Pregnancy Discrimination, Religious Accommodation, Same Sex Marriage, Sexual Orientation Discrimination, Criminal Record Checks, Paychex Seminar
- Bring Your Own Devices – Just Don’t Bring Me A Lawsuit, One Day, Many Solutions, Columbia, SC
- Top Ten Things Every Business Owner Should Know, Presentation for the Matthews Executive Group
- Civil Litigation for Paralegals. Six five-week courses from August 2012 to March 2015, Adjunct Professor, Charlotte School of Law
- Torts for Paralegals. Six five-week course from August 2012 to March 2015, Adjunct Professor, Charlotte School of Law
- "Legal Professionalism, Mental Health, Substance Abuse & Bar Grievances," CLE Presentation for National Business Institute
- "Insurance Law from A to Z, Insurance Law Update & Insurance Law Ethics," CLE Presentation for National Business Institute
- Ansar al-Islam, Encyclopedia of Terrorism, Revised Edition. 2007 Ed. New York, N.Y.: Facts on File
- Employment Privacy Blog1.25.18
- D.C. Circuit Concludes Heightened Risk of Future Identity Theft Enough for Standing in Data Breach Class ActionEmployment Privacy Blog8.15.17
- Charlotte School of LawJ.D. 2009, cum laude
- University of North Carolina at CharlotteB.A. 2006, cum laude
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina