Main Menu

Cross Border Employer Blog

Posts from July 2012.

U.S. employers wishing to hire a foreign worker who is an Australian citizen should consider the E-3 visa category. The E-3 visa category is only available for Australian citizens. The E-3 visa category permits Australian citizens to work in the U.S. in “specialty occupations” on a temporary basis.

With various reports touting China's economic slowdown, China still experienced a 7.6% growth in the second quarter of 2012. While this may indeed be a decrease from China's historic double-digit growth, it is still far ahead of any other country (i.e., U.S. +1.4%; Britain -0.2%; India +5.3%; and Brazil +0.2%). Thus, there remains strong incentive for companies to start operations in China with its initial lure of low labor costs and seemingly endless ...

The Republic of Peru, a country in western South America with a population of approximately 30 million people, has an emerging economy with approximately 18 million employees. Among its major industries are petrochemicals, mineral mining, textiles, construction, fishing and tourism. Although the standard of living has increased over the years, currently over 25% of its citizens are believed to live in poverty. The numerous multi-national ...

Since the H-1B visa cap was reached on June 11, 2012, U.S. employers wishing to hire a foreign worker who is a Canadian or Mexican citizen should consider the TN visa category. The TN visa category is part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and permits Canadian and Mexican citizens to enter the United States to participate in professional business activities on a temporary basis.

Recent Posts

Category List


Back to Page

By using this site, you agree to our updated General Privacy Policy and our Legal Notices.